Anduro Certified for Ethical Business Practices
Anduro Manufacturing has been certified an “Audited Facility” by Sedex (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) in accordance with the organization’s SMETA 4-pillars standard, one of the world’s most widely used ethical trade audits and strictest tests of ethical business behavior. The audit was completed January 22, 2019.
“We are proud to be certified under the SMETA 4-pillars version 6, the most up-to-date and demanding auditing process and standard,” noted Anduro CEO Marc Datelle. “Our certification tells our clients and suppliers they can depend on us to operate according to the world’s highest ethical standards.”
Sedex is a global membership organization, “home to one of the world’s largest collaborative platforms for sharing responsible sourcing data on supply chains, used by more than 50,000 members in over 150 countries,” according to Sedex. SMETA is a methodology designed to help auditors conduct high quality audits that encompass all aspects of responsible business practice, covering Sedex’s four pillars of Labour, Health and Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.
SMETA has three elements:
- A common Best Practice Guidance on conducting ethical trade audits
- A common Audit Report format
- A common Corrective Action Plan format
SMETA 4-pillars is recognized by consumer goods companies around the world.
It was designed to support responsible sourcing practices and sustainable production systems. Through common evaluation methods, benefits to Sedex members include:
- Reduced costs through a standardized and shared approach to sharing audit information
- Improved supply chain management
- Benchmarking opportunities against an international network
- Improved brand protection through commitment to responsible sourcing